Monday, July 27, 2009

My Firsts - An Explanation

July 27, 2009

My Year of Firsts began, as many things do, a New Year's Resolution. Determined not to make the typical resolutions that I cannot keep, such as "lose weight," I prefer choose vague resolutions that I know I can keep.

In 2008, my resolution was to try 50 new beers within the year; as resolution that was kept. In fact, the final number was 51 by midnight on December 31, 2008. Perhaps there will be more to come on this in the future.

For 2009, I decided my resolution should be to try as many new experiences as possible. Although I didn't set a number of experiences nor specify how large the experience had to be, I told myself it had to be more than 25 things and preferably 50. I haven't figured out recently just where I'm at, but thought a blog would be a good thing to add to the new experiences and to use as a place to share my adventures. As we are over half way through the 2009 calendar year, many of my posts will likely be recounted tales of firsts from earlier in the year. A laundry list of the less exciting experiences will likely appear in an upcoming post as well.

I'd like to invite anyone reading this to give feedback and suggestions. As a first time blogger, I could use the help! Enjoy and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment