Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Milestone

It happened today. The scale said 185 for the first time since 2006, when I was doing Weight Watchers. Of course, I gained everything back once I stopped following the program, but that's another story.

 Typically, I wait until my official weigh-in day to change my ticker and really count any losses. However, I was too excited to wait two days until Friday. I've been waiting for this day for a long time. I even had 185 set as my Labor Day goal, and although it's two days late, it's the first weight goal I've met by my own deadline.

Perhaps even more exciting than the actual number of 185 is that today's weigh-in moved my BMI score from "obese" to "overweight." Seeing the calculation left me speechless for a few moments; all I could do was grin.

Sure, I know as well as the next person that BMI isn't necessarily an accurate measure of one's body composition, but I'm finding all of the reasons I can to celebrate my success. In fact, everyone should, rather than focus on the what they have left to accomplish.

Here's to a new milestone and my successes so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment