Friday, October 22, 2010

Dwindling Motivation

I'm sure others experience this, but I find my motivation starts out really strong at the beginning of the week and by Thursday, it's almost gone. The eating starts to slide along with the desire to workout. I start by telling myself I'm not going to miss any workouts this week. Then, by Wednesday or Thursday, I tell myself, "I can use today as a rest day and rearrange the rest of my schedule. It will be fine." By the weekend, I start telling myself I can start again Monday.

No, I can't start again Monday! It only makes it that much harder. Yes, I WANT to get to my goal weight. I'm excited when I see any kind of progress, be it on the scale, inches or muscles and bones showing that didn't before (biceps, collar bones). I need to figure out how to keep the momentum going!

No comments:

Post a Comment